The Industrial Revolution might’ve been a boon for the advancement of humanity. But it also paved the way for the rampant production of plastic goods. These toxic products have invaded our lifestyle, and it is difficult to stop using such products. However, disastrous climate events like global warming and rising sea levels have urged scientists and people to think in a different direction. One of the best ways to avoid further degradation of the environment is to move on from plastics to excellent eco-friendly products.
Nonetheless, being eco-friendly doesn’t just mean properly disposing garbage and keeping the house clean. Our very lifestyle should portray the intention of protecting the environment. The environmentally friendly activities that we undertake in our homes, workplace, and get-together should motivate others to safeguard our precious planet.
So, what’s more about excellent eco-friendly products? How can they support our sustainable lifestyle?
Table of Contents
- What Are Eco-friendly Products?
- What Is The Difference Between Eco-friendly Products and An Eco-friendly Environment?
- Why Are Eco-friendly Products Important?
- Why Are Eco-friendly Products More Expensive?
- What Are Some Eco-friendly Products?
- How Does Eco-friendly Products Help The Environment?
- Final Thoughts
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
What Are Eco-friendly Products?
Eco-friendly products are those made of environmentally friendly materials. Mostly they are reusable and easy to recycle. And most importantly, they are verified, certified, and standardized by trusted third parties. They are responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing materials, packaging processes, transportation, and distribution do not have a detrimental impact on the earth.
Due to the increasing demand for excellent eco-friendly products, many manufacturers use the term ‘environmentally friendly’ too often. So, don’t be easily tempted by the appearance of green logos or descriptions on product packaging. As long as they don’t have clear certifications, you have reason to doubt the authenticity of these products.
What Is The Difference Between Eco-friendly Products and An Eco-friendly Environment?
An eco-friendly environment stands for daily conditions or activities that reduce the impact of environmental damage to protect our planet. It could be mindful shopping, where you can write what you want to purchase beforehand to reduce food waste. Or simply bring your own shopping bag to store your groceries.
Some people also consider cutting their meat consumption and choose plant-based meals instead. In addition, reducing the waste of clothes shopping is also a practical action to minimize textile waste.
Meanwhile, eco-friendly products are environmentally friendly, following strict verification and certification from credible parties. These goods can support your green movement by offering reusable and recyclable goods. Thus, the handling of waste is more manageable. Some examples of eco-friendly stuff are wooden cutlery, paper bags, biodegradable corn-starch plastics, and more.
Why Are Eco-friendly Products Important?
Our future generations may not be able to witness the beauty of our planet in the coming years if we don’t take action. Before it’s too late, you can help slow down the environmental damage by switching to eco-friendly products.
1. What Are The Benefits of Eco-friendly Products?
Maybe these products look more expensive, but they have good durability, so they last longer. That said, you can save money. In addition, most of them are reusable, meaning you can use them over and over again. Waste management is also easier as they are quickly degraded by the soil.
According to our expertise, eco-friendly products are generally safer than commercial ones as they are usually made of natural materials. And the most important thing is to reduce negative impacts on the environment.
2. What Are The Characteristics of Eco-friendly Products?
Nowadays, there are many products circulating that claim to be eco-friendly even though they do not have a guarantee of certification. Therefore, you can’t tell whether or not the product is environmentally friendly only from its shape, material, or outward appearance. Check on some of the main characteristics to tell that they are ‘truly’ eco-friendly:
- No overusing green claims. Usually, such products are not eco-friendly.
- Detailed description of claims. Eco-friendly ones will thoroughly describe everything about their claims. You can also quickly check the website to learn further about them.
- Display certifications. It could be a green seal, energy star, EW verified label, USDA organic label, B-corp certification, or non-GMO label.
- Has a good reputation for the company’s PR. It is better to look at the website and check on the ‘about us’ menu to know further about company value.
Why Are Eco-friendly Products More Expensive?
In our opinion, there are three reasons why environmentally friendly products are more expensive than other commercial products.
1. Expensive Production Cost
Let’s take fast fashion brands as an example. Most of them use regular cotton, which costs cheaper than organic cotton. Of course, it affects production expenditure and product price.
2. Adjusting Green Practices
Producing eco-friendly items requires the producers to follow rules that align with green practices. So, no cheap plastic is involved in packing and distributing the products. Therefore, they need to spend extra money buying packaging materials with less harmful environmental impacts.
Despite the increasing trend and awareness of the environment, green products are still less popular than commercial ones. Hence, demand and production costs are not balanced.
What Are Some Eco-friendly Products?
For those who want to start a sustainable lifestyle, here are some eco-friendly products that you can try to buy now to replace your old stuff!
1. PLA Straw
The innovative PLA based eco-friendly product is an excellent alternative to the toxic plastic straws. The PLA straw is biodegradable, petroleum-free and compostable. Planning for a party or family gathering? Serve cold drinks with the PLA straw and spread the message of a viable environment fit for mankind.
2. Cassava Based Eco-friendly Product
The cassava t-shirt bag is made from cassava starch, organic resins and vegetable oil. These renewable materials ensure to mitigate the effects of plastic pollution. The eco-friendly bag is an excellent choice to carry your shopping items. If fellow customers ask you about the stylish bag, you can tell them about the benefits of using eco-friendly products to save the environment.
3. CPLA Based Eco-friendly Cutlery
Replace your cutlery with these amazing ones! CPLA based spoons, forks and knives are a perfect addition to your dining table. These stylish products use renewable materials that are biodegradable. Switch to the wonderful eco-friendly cutlery and teach your kids and family the importance of maintaining a healthy planet.
4. Cornstarch Based Round Tray
Do you munch on snacks at home? Or are you searching for swanky trays for a party? Look no further. The round tray made up of cornstarch is an excellent eco-friendly substitute for the harmful plastic trays. They are biodegradable and have zero impact on the environment. Switch to this eco-friendly product and take pride in helping the environment.
How Does Eco-friendly Products Help The Environment?
By following eco-friendly practices, you participate in the campaign to save the earth from worsening environmental damage. It doesn’t take tons to start. The paper-based cutlery, straws, or bags easily degrade and do not pollute the soil like plastic does. They also reduce water pollution caused by plastic, a significant problem today.
Can you imagine the impact on humans? In addition, they help reduce carbon footprints. Thus, saving energy is better. Their long durability also allows you to use them for a more extended period.
Eco-friendly products are helpful to reduce pollution and environmental damage. They are also a good start to live a sustainable lifestyle. Although they are more expensive, they ensure better durability that last longer. But remember not to buy those with overclaiming green labels as they may not be the eco-friendly products you wish to have.
- Thrifting Bliss: Explore 10 Atlanta Thrift Store for Treasure Finds
- France’s Offshore Wind Revolution: A Game-Changer in Clean Energy!
- Shocking Discovery: Microplastics Found in Clouds, New Study Reveals
- PepsiCo in Hot Water: New York’s Groundbreaking Lawsuit Over Environmental Crisis
- The Invisible Threat: Can Microplastics Kill You And What’s The Source?
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to replace plastic with eco-friendly products?
To start replacing plastics from your daily use, you can start doing small things like:
- Bring a reusable bag when shopping.
- Bringing your own lunchbox during food takeaway will help you reduce the pile of plastic containers.
- Don’t buy a plastic water bottle. Instead, fill it out at home.
- Replace plastic silverware with paper or glass materials.
- If you can’t get away with plastic wrap, choose biodegradable ones.
How popular are excellent eco-friendly products?
According to the Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU), which is quoted from WWF, data from the past 5 years shows that public interest in excellent eco-friendly products has increased significantly by 71%.
The First Insight also mentioned that Gen Z greatly influences the older generations to buy environmentally friendly goods. Today, they are responsible for a 90% rise in overall purchases of eco-friendly products compared to 34% in the past two years.
What does it mean to be eco-friendly?
In simple words, eco-friendly means that everything we do or use leaves no harm to the environment. Or, everything is safe for mother earth. To live an eco-friendly life, you have to start trying to reduce the use of plastic, use LED lights, reduce food waste, use reusable products, and much more.
How do you know if a product is eco-friendly?
Sometimes, manufacturers cheat by overusing green symbols to trick consumers. Here are some tips to know if you buy excellent eco-friendly products:
- Check on third-party certification. You can see the green seal, energy star, USDA organic, B-crop certification, or EWG verification to ensure they are the ‘true’ products.
- Look for specific claims. Original eco-friendly products will provide a detailed description of each claim. Meanwhile, those greenwashing products will only be written in general terms.
- Don’t be fooled by green symbols. Any green leaves are meaningless without third-party certification or verification, for example, as in number one.